When the program is first opened you are presented with a splash screen giving option buttons for the Table of Contents or Using this Program. If you click on Table of Contents button a screen giving you a list of the Sections of The BCF Assistant is displayed. Click on one of these and that section is displayed. At any time clicking on the Contents button at the top of this window will display this Contents page.
If you choose a chapter of the 1677/89 Baptists Confession of Faith the chapter will be displayed in the right window. To view one of the Scripture References cited, simply click on the reference, which is coloured and the reference(s) will be displayed in a left window titled The Holy Scriptures (KJV).
To view an outline to the chapter click on the Outline button and the chapter outline will be displayed in a left window titled Chapter Outlines. Note: all chapter outlines are that found in A Modern Exposition of the 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith y Samuel E. Waldron, (Evangelical Press, 1989), and are used by permission.
If you click on the Scrip Idx button and a list of the books of the Bible will be displayed in a left window titled Scripture Index. This contains a list of the Scripture references cited in the Confesion of Faith categorised by the books of the Bible. If you click on the desired book of the Bible the relevant references will be displayed in the left window. If you then click on the coloured citation reference the relevant chapter of the Confession will be displayed in the right window.
To search the Confession for a given word click on the Search button and type in your word of choice, then click OK. A list of sections/chapters in which your word occurs will be displayed in a small dialog box. Simply double click on the your selection and it will be displayed in the right window and the searched word is highlighted in the displayed chapter. This is an advantage over the Windows 95/98/NT/2000 version where no highlighting occurs.
1. Download the bcfa16.exe file (~955k)
Click here to download BCF Assistant (16 bit) now!
2. Copy the bcfa16.exe file to an empty directory/folder on your Hard Disk
3. Double Click on the bcfa16.exe file. This file is a compressed or packed file. Double clicking on it will unpack the file and result in several files in the directory on your Hard Disk.
4. Double Click on the setup.exe file. This will run the Installation program which will place The BCF Assistant on your system.
5. Once this program is installed you cant copy all the files in the original directory (except the bcfa16.exe file) onto a floppy disk then delete them from your Hard Disk.
6. The installation can be run from a floppy disk, so keep the floppy disk as a back up or pass it onto a friend!