From the Preface of the Printed Version
This is a revision of the Catechism for Young Children originally published by the Reformed Baptist Church of Grand Rapids in 1981. That catechism was, in turn, a revision of the Catechism for Young Children published by Great Commission Publications. We remember with gratitude their encouragement in that earlier revision.
Our original revision, in the twelve years since its publication, has gone through several printings. It has been met with an acceptance and sale which encourages our hearts that the practice of catechizing even young children is experiencing a spiritual renaissance. One of the mothers in our church, Mrs Ruth Scholtens, came up with the idea of challenging her children to prove each of the answers in the catechism by quoting a relevant text of Scripture. Though any defects in the present catechism are our responsibility, we, her pastors, used her work as the basis for this revision and wish publicly to thank her for the permission so to do. Our hope is that by appending texts of Scripture to its questions and answers, parents may be aided in imparting to their children a little treasury of key biblical texts. We have endeavored to select brief, relevant texts suited to the minds of children which would also be of broader, spiritual usefulness. Longer texts are often repeated to allow children time to master them.
Scripture references are taken from the New American Standard Bible© 1960, 1962, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977 by the Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.
This electronic version of the Children's "Prove It"Catechism is copyright, however, it is distributed as FREEWARE. This means that you are free to copy it, distribute it and give it to others etc., as much as you like without legal restriction, as long as the product is distributed "as is", that is, that it is not modified or changed in any way.
This electronic version of the Children's "Prove It"Catechism comes with no warranty what so ever. You use it at your own risk.
The Children's Prove It Catechism (electronic) was designed for Microsoft Windows 3.1, however it will install and run under Windows 95/98/NT/20000. An XP and Vista compatible installer is also now available (see below).
Every Catechism question is arranged into three pages, the question, answer and Scripture text pages. Firstly, the question page which has the question displayed in black and underneath the word Answer in green.
When the word Answer is clicked on with the mouse the second, or answer page is displayed. In the answer page the question is now displayed in blue and the answer in black with the words Prove It! below in green.
When the Words Prove It! are clicked on with the mouse the third, or Scripture text page is displayed. In the Scripture text page the question is again displayed in blue, but now the answer is displayed in red and the Scripture text(s) are displayed in black.
At the bottom of the Scripture text page a small graphic displayed. The small house graphic on the left when clicked on with the mouse will return to the Contents page. The small double arrow graphic on the right when clicked on with the mouse will proceed to the next question.
1. Download the proveit.exe file (~595k)
Click here to download the 95/98/NT/20000 Children's "Prove It" Catechism Use the "Save" option, not the Run option.
2. Copy the proveit.exe file to an empty directory/folder on your Hard Disk
3. Using the File Manager/Windows Explorer, navigate to the directory has been copied to and "double click" on the proveit.exe file. This file is a compressed or packed file. Double clicking on it will unpack it and produce several files in the directory on your Hard Disk.
4. Double Click on the setup.exe file. This will run the Installation program which will place The Children's "Prove It" Catechism on your system.
5. Once this program is installed you can then copy all the files in the original directory (except the proveit.exe file) onto a floppy disk and then delete them from your Hard Disk.
6. The installation can be run from a floppy disk, so keep the floppy disk as a back up or pass it onto a friend!
1. Download the proveit_setup.exe file (~752k)
here to download the XP/Vista Children's "Prove It" Catechism
Use the "Save" option, not the Run option.
3. Using the File Manager/Windows Explorer, navigate to the directory has been copied to and "double click" on the proveit_setup.exe file. This will run the Installation program which will place The Children's "Prove It" Catechism on your system.
4. If you like it, pass the installer (proveit_setup.exe) it onto a friend and tell them about our web site!
So that everyone with a Web Browser can use The Children's "Prove It" Catechism we have produced a Web Version in HTML. The Web Version can be viewed on line here. It can also be downloaded as a compressed ZIP file and be unpacked for use on your own computer. We also have a single file program that contains all the HTML pages of the Web version. This can also be put on your USB memory stick and taken with you wherever you go! (Windows 2000/XP)
Click here to view the on line version.
Click here to Download the Compressed ZIP file. (Approx. 1.8Mb expanded)
[you may need to "right click"and choose "Save As"]
proveit_html.zip is a compressed or packed file in the ZIP format. You will need a program to extract all the files out of this package onto your hard disk (about 5.2Mb of Hard Disk Space is required). A free Expander package is available from Aladdin Systems which you can download.
After you have installed the Expander program follow the instruction to decompress or extract all the files contained in the proveit_html.zip file into a new folder on your hard disk. We suggest rbdisk\proveit_html.
Click here to Download the single file (portable) version. (Approx. 950kb, Windows 2000/XP)
[you may need to "right click"and choose "Save As"]