In order to make Calvin's Institutes available to as many brethren as possible, I have produced an HTML version. A search facility is included (not written by me), however, this requires your browser to have Run Time Java or Microsoft Virtual Machine for IE (Java engine) to be installed. Unfortunately, this search facility only finds the first occurrence of the word/phrase within each chapter.
The entire HTML version of the Calvin's Institutes is available online on this site. Click Here. It is also available as a download so that it can be used on you own personal computer (see below).
1. Download the ci_html.zip file (~1.75Mb)
here to download Calvin's institutes (HTML) now!
You may have to "right click" and choose "Save As".
2. Copy the ci_html.zip file to an empty directory/folder on your Hard Disk.
3. ci_html.zip is a compressed or packed file in the ZIP format. You will need a program to extract all the files out of this package onto your hard disk (about 5.2Mb of Hard Disk Space is required). A free Zip expander package is available from 7 Zip which you can download.
4. After you have installed the Expander program follow the instruction to decompress or extract all the files contained in the bcfahtml.zip file into a new folder on your hard disk. I suggest rbdisk\ci_html.
5. To "run" the HTML version of Calvin's Institutes load the index.htm file in your eb Browser using the standard File/Open Menu item.
If you wish to post the entire Calvin's Institutes on a Web server, please contact the author by e-mail at email@example.com prior to doing so. Calvin's Institutes is free, however, I would like to know where and by whom it is being deployed. Thank you for your cooperation.